Thirsty Sunday! Watermelon Jalapeno Margarita time.
We threw a Siete de Mayo party last night…
I love Cinco de Mayo, and I was out of town for it this year… ate an airport burrito bowl to celebrate. It was NOT good.
Soooo my roommate and I decided we should have people over. Then we realized it was also the Kentucky Derby so we had a “Siete de Mayo Derby Party.”
Random but real fun!
I’m going to post the tacos we made for the party tomorrow – easy and good.
Watermelon – it’s dangerous for me to have around. Not because it’s unhealthy or anything, but I could eat an entire one or at least half of one in one sitting. Until my stomach hurts. I love it so much.
I’ve never made watermelon juice from one before – until now! Only to then add tequila.
I actually made the watermelon juice with jalapenos. By itself it was VERY spicy. But once you add all the other ingredients it was just perfect.
- 1/2 watermelon (about 4 cups of watermelon)
- 1-2 jalapenos (I used 2 - use 1 if sensitive to spice)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups tequila
- 3/4 cup Triple Sec
- 1 1/2 cups club soda
- 6 limes, juices (about 1/2 cup lime juice)
- In a blender, blend the watermelon and sliced and seeded jalapenos until smooth. Strain the mixture, discarding the pulp. Place juice in a pitcher.
- To the watermelon-jalapeno juice, add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Serve over ice.