Back from a LOOONGG week of work.
Today, I have a football app for you. Buffalo chicken meatballs.
I was late to the game on buffalo chicken. Really all spicy food. I always said I didn’t like spicy food, hated buffalo chicken then one day I was like – YEP. This is amazing.
Maybe that will happen one day with cheese.
So these are gluten free and filled with veggies. Basically health food.
With a dairy free ranch dipping sauce that COULD NOT be easier to whip together.
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped finely
- 2 stalks celery, chopped very finely
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 green onion, chopped
- 1.5 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I like Frank's)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1.5 tbs gluten free flour (oat or all purpose)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs parsley, chopped
- 1 tbs green onion, chopped
- 1 cup avocado or olive oil based mayo (or vegan)
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix all meatball ingredients except the coconut oil until combined. Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat and add coconut oil. Roll meatballs into balls and sear on both sides once oil is hot - about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet and repeat until all are seared. Place meatballs in the oven and cook until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Add almond milk and cider vinegar to a small bowl and let sit about 20 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until combined.