Another weekend wrapped up! Why do they go by so quickly? I hope everyone had a great weekend.
I always seem to post a salad recipe on Sunday or Monday – coincidence? Nah. I need salad after some of my weekends. This crunchy romaine ramen salad is so good! It’s a staple in my home, the home I grew up in, and many many homes in Tupelo, MS (and probably MS in general).
In fact, there used to be a restaurant that served this salad. They called it “that salad” on the menu because everyone came in and said “I want that salad…” It’s that good – doesn’t even need a title!
I almost titled it “That Salad” here but that would be so confusing. I have no idea who to give credit for this recipe because I learned to make it from my mom, but speak up if you know! For now, I’ll give my mom the credit.
Goal this week: start Christmas shopping. Another goal: Finish Christmas shopping. I think I have a plan for most in my life, but it’s a lofty goal.
Do you have one person in your life who is SO HARD to shop for?? Me too – my dad. I try to get creative every year – will try again. I can do it.
- 4-5 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 head (small head) broccoli, chopped
- 1 block ramen noodles, crunched up into small pieces
- 8 oz pecan halves
- 1 tbs butter or olive oil
- 1/2 cup olive or canola oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs stevia or 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a skillet, heat butter or olive oil. Saute crunched up ramen and pecans and cook until toasted, about 7-10 minutes. Set aside to let cool.
- In a large bowl, add romaine, tomatoes, scallions, and broccoli.
- Mix all dressing ingredients well.
- Add ramen mixture to salad and when ready to serve, add as much dressing as desired.