Is it possible to watch The Ellen Degeneres show without crying?
I don’t think I ever have. Thank goodness I can’t watch it every day.
I’m such a TV person. I could sit on the couch all day and find something to watch. (probably shouldn’t admit that).
Nothing on a 2pm you say? SVU Marathon – always.
12? Love The Chew.
1? The Talk.
Keep in mind that I work full time.
Cannot wait for fall shows to start backkk!!! Although sad Bachelor in Paradise is over — so trashy, so dramatic, so amazing.
I feel like The Bachelor shows have really gotten into a good rhythm the past couple of years. 1 season Bachelor, 1 season Bachelorette, and then BIP. It’s enough without being too much. And it breaks in a great time for the fall shows.
The franchise gets me.
Whole roasted chicken. Why don’t I do this every week? It makes for the best flavored chicken and vegetables underneath – so much flavor!
If I know any classic techniques in the kitchen, I learned from the entire set of Barefoot Contessa cookbooks I have. I LOVE Ina and every recipe of hers is 100% foolproof, guaranteed deliciousness.
Her perfect roast chicken is, well, perfect. This recipe is mostly based on that, but I wanted to eliminate the butter and see if I could get similar flavors with coconut oil only.
You honestly don’t even taste a coconut flavor at all. In case you don’t like coconut – which is cray.
Try my version of coconut oil roasted chicken. Use leftovers for salads, sandwiches, quesadillas, chicken salad – ooohhhh chicken salad.
- 1 roasting chicken (I use organic)
- 3 tbs coconut oil, separated
- 3-4 sprigs thyme
- 3-4 sprigs rosemary
- 1 lemon, halved
- 4 cloves garlic
- Salt & pepper
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 4-5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and quartered
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt 1.5 tbs coconut oil and toss with vegetables. Add 2 chopped pieces of herbs - 2 sprigs thyme, 2 sprigs rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Place vegetables at the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Remove the chicken giblets and rinse the chicken inside and out. Pat the outside dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Stuff the cavity with the remaining 2 sprigs thyme and rosemary, both halves of lemon, and all the garlic. Brush the outside of the chicken with the remaining coconut oil. Place chicken on top of the veggies.
- Roast the chicken for 80-90 minutes, until a thermometer reads done and juices are clear. Let sit for at least 15 minutes before slicing. Slice and serve with vegetables.