Honestly, I wasn’t expecting these broccoli sun-dried tomato fritters to be that good. I mean, I expected them to be good (like I hope any recipe is when I create it and then start to make it), but I didn’t think these would be SOOO GOOOOOD.
I loved these for breakfast with a fried egg.
For lunch on top of a salad.
For dinner on a bun.
For a snack.
Has anyone watched The Circus on ShowTime?? Highly recommend it. Two of my favorite political journalists follow the candidates on the campaign in current time. Fascinating.
I hate how into the election I am this time around – especially since it’s especially chaotic slash frustrating. Can’t help it…
Here’s to hoping this week at work is much busier, and I am much more driven/productive!
Go get your Monday started :). Or play sick and make these fritters…
- 1 head of broccoli, stems included
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- Coconut oil, for frying/cooking
- In a food processor, place the broccoli and pulse until chopped coarsely.
- Place remaining ingredient in food processor, and process until mixed well.
- Transfer to a bowl and ensure all ingredients are combined.
- In a skillet, place about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (vegetable or olive oil is fine as well). Heat the oil over medium to medium-high heat until water sizzles when dropped on the oil.
- Using a 1/4 cup scoop, mold the broccoli mixture into patties that size and place in the oil. Fry 3-4 minutes on the first side (until brown). Flip the fritters and fry another 2-3 minutes.
- Take out of the oil and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add more oil for the remaining batches.
- I serve with a fried egg.