Green on green on green.
Seriously – you can make this broccoli soup with only 5 ingredients. Me being the way that I am couldn’t help but add a squeeze of lime, a garnish of parsley, squeeze of sriracha, but you don’t have to.
I made this soup last night and it was almost as easy as heating up a box/can of soup. I went for a run, came home and started the soup, let it simmer while I showered, and after I showered I pureed it and it was ready.
What’s the one kitchen tool I can’t live without? Especially in the winter? My immersion blender. I use it every other day I feel like for soups, dressings, pasta sauces. And it is not that expensive… I use this one…
Anyone watch the national championship last night?
I’m embarrassed to admit – I watched The Bachelor instead. I’m just not in the football mindset anymore.
But anyway I heard it was a good game. Living in Birmingham as a non-Alabama is rough (and obnoxious) but congrats to them (again).
Make this 5 ingredient, under 30 minute, velvety, spicy, gingery, comforting, very healthy broccoli soup.
- 3 tbs green curry paste
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp ginger, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli
- 1 cup spinach
- 2-2 1/2 cups water (or vegetable or chicken stock/broth)
- 2 limes, juiced
- Salt & pepper, to taste (little salt is needed due to curry paste)
- Sriracha, for serving
- Parsley, for serving
- In a stock pot heated over medium heat, add green curry paste and thick part of the coconut milk. Let heat until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining coconut milk, ginger, broccoli and water or broth. Bring up to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn heat to low and let simmer about 15-20 minutes, until broccoli softens.
- Once broccoli has cooked well, add the spinach and let wilt.
- Using an immersion blender or transfer to another blender, puree the soup until desired consistency. I pureed the soup entirely, leaving no chunks.
- At the end, I added the juice of two limes, pepper and very little salt
- When serving, I like to drizzle with sriracha and add a little parsley/cilantro/whatever you have on hand. This is optional.
Soup inspired by heinstirred